Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nice unepected surprise

Yesterday was a rough day. All I could do starting around 4:00 PM was cry. I can't explain it and there wasn't just one particular something that started it, it just happened. My precious neighbor came over and just sat and cried with me for several hours and I told her I would love to get a call from Chad or at least from Afghanistan to know the guys were all ok. It wasn't an hour later and my cell phone rang and the number that popped up was labeled "Chad Afghanistan"! I was so excited. I didn't know which of my bonus boys was calling, but I knew it was one of them. It was Chip! We talked for about 15 minutes (so it seemed) and it was a great chat. We talked about Chad and he caught me up on how they were doing over there. They were safe and doing ok. Fortunately they are starting to get back on a somewhat regular schedule (if that's possible over there) so that was good to know. These boys just can never know what it does for my heart to hear from them and know they are doing ok. Thank you Chip.

1 comment:

  1. Praying that God will continue to provide you these little "pick me ups" as you need them! I love you!

    ReplyDelete