Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June 2007

This was the date of the last "Causby Family Reunion" I attened.  I know, it's terrible that I have not returned, but life happens and it is a very far trip to make, but we went that year for a very special reason.  Chad was enlisting into the Marine Corps and would be leaving in October for boot camp so I wanted to make sure we attended both sides of the family's reunions before he left as we didn't know when he would have that much time off to attend again for at least four years.
This will be the first time I have returned since my baby boy was taken from this earth.  He didn't get to join the civilian world, instead, he entered his heavenly world on December 1, 2010 while on deployment to Afghanistan. 
I anticipated him not being able to attend another family reunion for at least four years, but I never anticipated that he would only attend another as each family member entered heaven's gates.  I guess that really isn't anything any of us anticipates, but never the less, when you expect something and it turns out differently, it does take a while (most likely the rest of my life) to get adjusted to and accept.
I will attend this reunion and I will make the best of it, but it will not be easy.  I get very anxious when I have to do things like this and especially traveling without Tebo, but I know I need to go and I need to see my mom and the rest of my family.
If you are reading this all I ask is you pray for my heart as I see some of my family members for the first time since Chad left us.
Please and thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Sending many prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tami, beautifully said!! I can never ever thank you enough for all that you are to this family. I could have never made it through this moment without you and Amanda. I didn't always explain my concerns well enough but oh how glad I am that I am blessed with 4 amazing sisters. We always step up that's how we roll. I love your words, how you put our family together with your heart. I love you Tam!!!!!

    ReplyDelete