I know every family has drama and probably more than normal when there are lots of sisters. The problem I have with drama is it usually takes the focus off the main reason you were all together to begin with. I hate that. I love all my sisters. Some of us are closer than others only because that's just usually what happens in families and I'm okay with that. Some of my sisters are closer to each other than to me and that's really okay. What's not okay with me is when you aren't able to joke around and be yourself with all sisters, because someone always makes it about something negative. I don't get that. Honestly, it takes more energy to be upset about crap all the time than it does to just let it roll off your back.
I tend to make fun of myself more than I do anyone else in my family. I am the shortest sister, I have no boobs, I really have no real figure to even speak of, I was a single mom far longer than probably a lot of people are, I could only have one child (which I am totally okay with), I've made a lot of stupid mistakes in life especially with matters of the heart, my hair is so thin and fine that it's like baby hair, I am hair retarded, I can't cook, and if it weren't for my wonderful husband I would truly still be wearing the same clothes from 1984 (no joke), but there is one thing I can do and have that I hope we all have and that is, I can lay my head down every night and know that I tried to be the best person I know how to be with no regrets. If I do screw up (and I do often) I will apologize. Heck, I usually apologize even if I don't know if I did anything wrong or not, but I try to make a concerted effort to never be intentionally cruel to anyone else, especially family. I do get my feelings hurt from time to time, but trust me, I make fun of myself enough that it won't bother me when others do. I know my short falls (pun intended) and I know how I look, but I also know my heart and those who truly love and know me also know my heart.
I love my entire family (as crazy and dysfunctional as it seems to others at times) and I wouldn't trade them or all our craziness for anything. What I would change is the drama and hurt that tends to always plague us when we all get together.
So to all my sisters and family. I love you all with all my heart and if I have said or done anything that made you feel like I didn't care or love you I am sorry. That was never my intentions at all. I just hope that one day we will be able to be friends (all of us) among being sisters for life. That would be such an amazing thing to have one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment